Thursday 2 April 2015

Foiling first attepmt

Im not normally a fan of screen printing as I think I can get the same effect through photoshop so I decided to try a different technique in screen printing. I decided to add a metallic element to my flat prints. This was a good idea because it also added a luxurious feel to my prints and also gave another textured effect as the foil rubbed off in some areas. As it was my first time foiling It took me a few attempts to get it exactly how I wanted it. Looking through my prints afterwards It was clear to me that the orange metallic foil brought out the prints and added a more vibrant effect. The orange has now become a running colour through all of my prints, this also makes them look like an over all cohesive collection.








No comments:

Post a Comment